Sunday, December 1, 2013

Friendsgiving

Last night was our 4th Annual Friendsgiving/Friendsgivingmas with the Friend Family. Which of course has me feeling all kinds of sentimental this weekend. So yesterday in the midst of the cleaning and cooking I found myself in the spare bedroom reminiscing over all the Friendsgivings Past...

It all started in 2010. That was a very hard year for all of us. It seemed appropriate that we do something to remind ourselves of all the blessings and love in our life. And that's how Friendsgiving began. Most of that year I felt like I was drowning and the only things I had to cling to were my faith, my family and my friends. So there was no better way to thank my friends than this.
Friendsgiving 2010
Every year we've changed location a bit and the guest list has grown a little more. But every year the sentiment has been the same for me. Life is short and sometimes really hard so you MUST keep the people that you love close to you.

Friendsgiving 2011
It's so easy to get wrapped up in the everyday of life. And the older my friends and I get the more it becomes harder to stay connected. I'm under no delusion that it will get any easier as we all form our own families and have different responsibilities to different people. But I will continue to make sure we get together at least once a year for this. 

Friendsgving 2012
I've realized more and more lately how sentimental I am. I've learned in the last couple years how tradition is so important to me. And I think it's so important because the traditions make me slow down, relax and remember what is important in life. What is important to me. I used to think the fact that I was so sentimental was a blessing and a curse, but now I really just think it's a blessing. Sometimes it means I get my feelings hurt over dumb things and that I stress about the little things being perfect, but mostly it means that I work hard to keep my friends and family close. It means that I value every relationship I have and am very aware of the quality time I spend with people. So I will continue to wear my feelings on my sleeve and be cheesy and sentimental when I want to be with absolutely no shame behind it.

Signed: Softy Lofty 

No comments:

Post a Comment